Monday, February 9, 2009

Come together and look into each other's eyes



I don't know what to say really
the biggest battle of our lives comes down to today
either we come together as a team or we crumble
inch by inch

we're in hell right now
believe me
and we can stay here and get the shit kicked out of us
or
We can flight our way back into the light
one inch at a time

I can't do it for you
I made every wrong choice you can make
I pissed away all my money
I chased off anyone who ever loved me and lately
I can't even stand the face I see in the mirror

when you get old in life
things get taken from you
that's life
but you only learn that when things start getting taken from you
you find out life is a game of inches
the margin for error is so small
one half a step too late too early
one half inch
one half second

the inches we need are all around us, the seconds
every minute every second
fight for the inch
we know
because when we add up all those inches
they make the difference between losing and winning
between living and dying

its the guy who is willing to fight
that will win that inch
that's what living is
the six inches in front of your face

I can't make you do it
look into each others eyes
we will stand here as a team
or die as individuals

***
good words for now times, from a football movie!
who would think it?
But isn't it appropriate for now?
think about what's happening in the country

we either come together as a country,
or we go under individually...one at a time.
We have to let ourselves come together
both inside, and outside,
both in our bodies and our hearts and our minds
as well as in our communities.