Friday, February 13, 2009

Energy Never Dies


We are light beings that have stepped into bodies. Doesn't it make sense that when this physical body doesn't work anymore, we just step out of it? I remember telling this to my mother when I was just little. Maybe when we are little it's easier to let go because our tenacious hold on the physical isn't as hardwired?

I had a dream last night. In the dream I was driving a car. The car broke down. I kept turning the key, nothing. I called a garage, and they came and got it. The mechanic came out and shook his head. I realized that the car was done.

I patted the car on the fender. It was a red car. Still shiny, but it was tired. I could see that even though I had taken care of it, it was done. I shook his hand and left. I watched myself walk down a road.

I woke realizing that this was a dream about the physical death. And it was gentle. And it was sweet. And it was complete. I was still me. I got out of the car and went on. I might drive another car or not. I watched myself walk down the path, floating a bit, light speckling me as I walked.

I opened my eyes and laid in the dark for awhile then. I wondered who was about to die? Who had been asking this question? Who had I just sent that dream to, because it was a message. I was sending it to someone? Or was someone sending to me?

We just go on. It's not a big deal. It's not an end but rather a new chapter that begins.

2 comments:

CatherineAnn said...

love this metaphor for dying. I have been thinking about death lately and having this same realization. I have also been thinking about paintings with paths.

Joy! said...

:)
It's just a new chapter! A faster, lighter way of being.